Sunday, August 28, 2011

blown away but not by a hurricane...

It's been an eventful week: a hurricane, an earthquake, power outages, rain and wind. But for us this week is significant for a different reason. We have reached our first significant milestone in this pregnancy of 28 weeks! YEAH! The babies heart rates and monitoring are doing great. My contractions have been at a minimum and I am on no medication for that right now.

Another wonderful answer to prayer was that I passed my blood glucose testing! We were relieved to find out that I didn't have gestational diabetes on top of everything else. Maybe it was my fabulous choice for my "Last Supper" (I figured if I was going to go on a diet for the next two months, I might as well go out eating well):


Ok, so not the healthiest choice but it was so yummy to have a pineapple burger, fries and cherry limeade courtesy of Carytown Burger for my last supper :)

Andrew and Josiah are both on the mend health wise so thank you for praying for them. I have a little bit of a stuffy nose and congestion but overall feeling fine.

Please pray for my stomach as it's still having some issues and is still adjusting as I get further into the 3rd trimester. Also pray that I will not get bored or restless as it's still important for me to stay on complete bed rest at this point.

I wanted to end by saying I have been blown away by all the wonderful cards, texts, emails, flowers, movies, books, visitors, and food. My nurses tell me that I have had the most visitors they've seen for a patient on this floor! I don't think words can express how encouraging it is to have someone stop by even if it's only for a few minutes. My days go by so much faster and I feel more "normal" seeing people frequently. Thanks for sending love whether you are near or far to me and my family. We are truly blessed beyond what we deserve.

I will leave you with a couple photos of me and the belly. We are growing! Love you all xoxo


















2 comments:

  1. Awwww, so glad to hear such a good report Liz! Keep up the good work-love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, I am so glad to hear that you and the babies are doing well. My mom and I were just talking about you last evening when I stumbled upon several old photos of us back in the bridge builder days. I believe the picture of us is on the observation deck at city hall, circa: 1996ish?! Brought back so many memories!

    ReplyDelete