Saturday, October 1, 2011

a place called home

54 days. I feel as if I should get 54 tatooed onto my hand or wear the number 54 as a jersey number now :) I am finally home from what seemed like a never ending hospital stay and I am so glad. Sitting here in our comfy leather chair seems surreal and almost dream like. But I can't wait to wake up in my own house with my family instead of a hospital room!

Today we were happy to find the girls had their IVs removed! The girls now only have an NG tube (a tube going to their stomach) which they fill with my breast milk and a heart rate monitor. It's amazing to walk into the NICU and find they have less invasive instruments each time. They are continuing to try bottle feeding so they can begin to learn how to suck and swallow.

Here are some photos of girls "unplugged", enjoy!

https://picasaweb.google.com/LizNWalker/Girls32Weeks





1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're able to be home and I can't wait to meet those precious girls!

    ReplyDelete