Wednesday, September 7, 2011

a rainy day update

Baby A - This sweet face will be worth it all in the end
Hello again from one pregnant mama and her two girls! Today has been what I would call the perfect rainy day. I got to sleep in, enjoyed listening to the raindrops, listened to some Theolonius Monk & John Coltrane, and all has been quiet so far with this almost 30 week pregnant body! It's still amazing to me that I have been "pregnant and holding" for five weeks now. The time has flown by yet seemed to go by so slowly all at the same time. 

Our news:
  • We will reach 30 weeks on Thursday which is another pivotal milestone!
  • Both babies are still breech and their fluids levels look excellent.
  • I am still having contractions but so far active labor has not started back up again.
  • Visitors are welcome again. Let me know when you would like to stop by and we will try to work out the timing. The only time I may not have visitors is if I go into a consistent contraction pattern or I am feeling like I need to rest.
How can you pray? So glad that you asked ;) 
  • Pray for Josiah- He's been more difficult the last two days and it seems this journey is starting to wear on him more now with the reality that I am not at home. Pray the Lord can help Josiah to process/deal with what he can't truly understand or verbalize. Pray for him to have an obedient and joyful heart.
  • Pray for me- It's starting to become more physically challenging to be on bedrest. I feel more aches and pains as we continue to grow and I long to be able to get out of the bed. Pray my attitude stays encouraged and to try to have the perspective of taking it one day at at time. 
  • Pray for our family- We are starting to prepare for the babies to be able to come home. This can sometimes feel like an overwhelming task with all the day to day stress. Pray for us to feel not as on edge as no one knows if today will be the day I go into labor. Keep Andrew, Josiah, and my mom in prayer as they are continuing to live the "new normal" at home without me.
Thanks so much for staying with us on this journey! Love to all of you xoxo





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Liz! I'm looking forward to seeing you. Would Friday work? I am not working so you name the time and I'll be there. Just shoot me an e-mail or text.

    ReplyDelete