Thursday, September 22, 2011

weigh in

It's official. We made it... to 32 weeks! I have to admit I wasn't sure that we would see this day but thankfully we have. This was the last major milestone my doctors wanted me to reach over six weeks ago.

Tuesday's doctor's appointment felt similiar to a boxing or a UFC weigh in (if you don't know what that is just ask my husband, haha!) I was nervous about how much the girls would weigh, how everything looked and if they would pass their biophysical profiles. Biophysical profiles are tests done on each baby to see how they handle stress similiar to what would happen during labor and gives the doctor an assesment on how they are doing. So you want to hear the stats?

Baby A or "Angel":
  • She weighed in at 3.5 lbs 
  • She's growing in the 30 percentile which is consistent with her growth so far
  • She's still breech (feet down and head up)
  • Her biophysical profile score was an 8/8! 
Check out her newest photo
So cute even if her hand is covering her other eye!

Baby B or "BB":
  • She weighed in at 4.0lbs
  • She's growing at almost the 50th percentile which is also consistent with her growth so far
  • She's transverse (laying across my stomach)
  • Her biophysical profile score was an 8/8! 
Her newest photo
So amazing they were able to catch her opening one eye!


We are very grateful to God the girls are doing so well right now. Some of the questions everyone keeps asking is what happens now? What is the next goal the doctors want us to reach? When will the girls come? And we just don't know the answers to these questions. My contractions have increased in frequency and strength so they could be here soon. But no one truly knows... so pray for us to have patience as we continue to wait. Pray for me especially as these "practice rounds" can really make me feel exhausted and each time cause me to wonder if I am finally going into true labor. We are all getting weary and I am so ready to be at home and off bedrest but know that each day helps increase the girls chances of doing better outside the womb. Keep praying for them to grow stronger and for them to continue to pass their tests with flying colors.

Thank you to everyone who has come to visit me and brighten my day! I love having the visits to catch up and learn what's happening outside these four walls. Thanks to those who continue to help provide us with delicious meals and lift that off our shoulders each week. Thank you for all the phone calls, emails, texts, cards, etc... I try to respond to them all and know that I appreciate them all. We feel so privileged to tell my nurses that I have such an amazing family and friends who care for us each week.They see your generosity and love and keep telling me that it's an amazing support that not many have in my same position. We love you guys and hope you're still ready to hang with us for a little while longer. Ciao!






3 comments:

  1. YEAH, HORRAY! Congrats for getting to this mile marker! you did it!!! :)
    you go girl(s)! Def thinkin and praying about u all. :) love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!! Well done momma (& daddy). Just a lil longer. I can already see those girls' beauty:) We love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best news all week! I'm so proud of you liz for persevering through this time on bed rest, for those girls for staying put and gaining that wonderful weight and Andrew and Josiah for hanging in there through all the ups and downs. Walkers, you're amazing and we love you so much!

    ReplyDelete